Definition of vibraphone in English:
A musical percussion instrument with a double row of tuned metal bars, each above a tubular resonator containing a motor-driven rotating vane, giving a vibrato effect.
- ‘Maybe we'll have some congas and bongos, marimba and vibraphones, a bass drum, cow bells - perhaps a Chinese gong,’ she said, thoughtfully.
- Mr. Herman sits surrounded by 20 percussion instruments, including two timpani, vibraphones, glockenspiel, chimes, cymbals and sleigh bells.
- Moore has a guitar, Cline has a guitar with some effects pedals, Gustaffson has a saxophone, a clarinet and a flute, and Winant has a drum kit, a vibraphone, and some various percussion.
- Example sentences
- More striking, however, was their arrangement: front and centre were the vibraphonists.
- As master jazz vibraphonist Milt Jackson said: ‘What is soul in jazz?’
- Shipp has also introduced a fascinating wild card: the largely overlooked vibraphonist Khan Jamal, who has worked with such legends of the avant-garde as drummer Sunny Murray and Sun Ra.
Definition of vibraphone in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan