noun (plural pronunc. same)
- A French nobleman corresponding in rank to a British or Irish viscount: [as title]: a letter arrived for the young Vicomte de ChagnyMore example sentences
- My dear Rance, there is no need to whip the dear vicomte.
- Knowing that his singular connection with the vicomte would very soon surface, René was composed at this question, and replied, ‘Sir, I believe that is not your concern.’
- The message of artistic tolerance as republican state policy was also sounded by the vicomte Henri Delaborde, the perpetual secretary of the Academie des Beaux-Arts.
More definitions of vicomteDefinition of vicomte in:
- The US English dictionary