- A small television camera tube in which the image is formed on a transparent electrode coated with photoconductive material, the current from which varies as it is scanned by a beam of low-speed electrons.More example sentences
- It was a modified television vidicon tube with a TGS target, electron beam readout, a germanium lens, and a light chopper.
- The DNA was illuminated and imaged as above with a 100x oil immersion objective, intensified and recorded to a computer hard drive using a low light vidicon camera.
- Other systems include a near infra-red vidicon television for day use, a carbon dioxide laser for missile guidance and a Neodinium YaG laser rangefinder operating at 1.06 microns.
1950s: from the initial elements of video and iconoscope (an early television camera tube).
More definitions of vidiconDefinition of vidicon in:
- The US English dictionary