noun[treated as singular or plural]
- The audience for a particular television programme or channel: the glory days of 90 per cent viewership [in singular]: a potential viewership of 18 million peopleMore example sentences
- There is little evidence to suggest increased television viewership is killing off reading.
- But even if not as many people could watch the games in person, the good news is that television viewership continued to grow.
- Prime time programmes in various channels are vying for viewership.
More definitions of viewershipDefinition of viewership in:
- The US English dictionary