Definition of viewport in English:
1A window in a spacecraft or in the conning tower of an oil rig.
- The transport shuntor dove under the Exeter, where its belly became a white ceiling with thousands of viewports and windows, replacing the stars.
- The alien ship seemed void of any viewports or windows, and had no outward appearance of equipment or sensors of its own.
- Tree branches crashed through the forward viewport and bulkheads flew around like dangerous missiles.
2 Computing A framed area on a display screen for viewing information.
- Now, go get your model, if you don't already have a paper space viewport displayed on your screen.
- Once the user releases the mouse, the box will be deleted from the screen and the viewport will change.
- The viewports display tiled, and AutoCAD asks you to select horizontal or vertical and where you want the odd-numbered viewport to be displayed.
Definition of viewport in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan