- A rough-hewn roof timber or rafter, especially in an adobe building: [as modifier]: the spacious living and dining area has beautifully tiled fireplaces, viga ceilings, and original artworkMore example sentences
- Adobe-walled rooms, named after Bynner's friends - Willa Cather and D.H. Lawrence, among others - have kiva fireplaces, viga beams, and tiled floors decorated with colorful throw rugs.
- Trees that towered over prairie rivers were transformed into pirogues (hand-hewn canoes for trappers and traders), stockades for early military forts, and vigas or ceiling beams for adobe homesteads.
- This is not a weak imitation of traditional Southwest architecture, complete with fake vigas (protruding, rough-hewn beams).
More definitions of vigaDefinition of viga in:
- The US English dictionary