- Relating to or based on the number twenty: a vigesimal mathematical systemMore example sentences
- Although it was a base 20 system, called a vigesimal system, one can see how five plays a major role, again clearly relating to five fingers and toes.
- The Maya did, however, have an advanced numbering system with a base of 20 (a vigesimal system, as opposed to a decimal system).
- Their standard or general vigesimal count is called kal, count by twenties: hun kal, 20; ca kal, 40, etc.
mid 17th century: from Latin vigesimus (from viginti 'twenty') + -al.
More definitions of vigesimalDefinition of vigesimal in:
- The US English dictionary