noun (plural vins ordinaires)[mass noun]
- Cheap table wine for everyday use.More example sentences
- It was once known as vin de consommation courante or, less formally, vin ordinaire.
- Wine lovers are familiar with the adequate little red wine that better restaurants serve as their vin ordinaire.
- Pasta, baguettes and vin ordinaire are familiar staples on a skiing holiday, but not for guests at Le Chardon Mountain Lodges, in Val d' Isère, where packets of penne and vinegary red wine are definitely off the evening menu.
French, literally 'ordinary wine'.
More definitions of vin ordinaireDefinition of vin ordinaire in:
- The US English dictionary