noun[mass noun] Medicine
- A cytotoxic compound of the alkaloid class obtained from the Madagascar periwinkle and used to treat Hodgkin’s disease and other cancers of the lymphatic system.More example sentences
- Some types of medications used include azathioprine, vincristine, cyclophosphamide, cyclosporine or vinblastine.
- Of the plant-derived anticancer drugs in clinical use, the best known are the alkaloids vinblastine and vincristine, isolated from the Madagascar periwinkle, Catharanthus roseus.
- Due to the bulky nature of the disease, all the patients had received a course of chemotherapy with doxorubicin, bleomycin, vinblastine, and dacarbazine, and they were scheduled for MRT.
More definitions of vinblastineDefinition of vinblastine in:
- The US English dictionary