Definition of vinery in English:
noun (plural vineries)
1A greenhouse for grapevines.
- Staff at Helmsley Walled Garden have announced that their £505,000 bid to restore a range of Victorian vineries, fruit and orchard houses, and derelict outbuildings has been accepted.
- The garden, a charity run by volunteers, must find up to £90,000 more by next summer to complete the restoration of the Victorian vineries, fruit and orchard houses.
- Proposals include restoring the conservatory, a vinery, a bandstand, a lake and ornate gates at the Eccles Old Road entrance.
- I don't know when I've ever had anything this good from a home brewer - or any other vinery for that matter!
- The next day, was the sight-seeing part of the official tour where our hosts took us to the Melbourne Cricket Ground and to an exotic-looking vinery in Yarra Valley.
- The vintners of hundred-year old vineries are being edged out of the market.
Definition of vinery in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan