Definition of vinery in English:
noun (plural vineries)
1A greenhouse for grapevines.
- Staff at Helmsley Walled Garden have announced that their £505,000 bid to restore a range of Victorian vineries, fruit and orchard houses, and derelict outbuildings has been accepted.
- The garden, a charity run by volunteers, must find up to £90,000 more by next summer to complete the restoration of the Victorian vineries, fruit and orchard houses.
- Proposals include restoring the conservatory, a vinery, a bandstand, a lake and ornate gates at the Eccles Old Road entrance.
- I don't know when I've ever had anything this good from a home brewer - or any other vinery for that matter!
- The next day, was the sight-seeing part of the official tour where our hosts took us to the Melbourne Cricket Ground and to an exotic-looking vinery in Yarra Valley.
- The vintners of hundred-year old vineries are being edged out of the market.
Words that rhyme with vinerybinary, finery, pinery, quinary, winery
Definition of vinery in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.