noun (plural vinhos verdes)[mass noun]
- A young Portuguese wine, not allowed to mature.More example sentences
- It was all washed down with ribeiro, a local wine similar to Portuguese vinho verde: young, crisp and perfect with seafood.
- In Minho, the traditional wine is vinho verde, a young wine made from grapes that grow on arbors that often serve as property markers.
- He held out a glass of white wine, my favorite vinho verde.
Portuguese, literally 'green wine'.
More definitions of vinho verdeDefinition of vinho verde in:
- The US English dictionary