- A wine merchant.More example sentences
- Never mind that the vast majority of vintners and tasters and sommeliers are men.
- A vintner found selling corrupt wine was forced to drink it, then banned from the trade.
- Tickets are $75 and include wine from 35 vintners and food from a variety of restaurants.
late Middle English: via Anglo-Latin from Old French vinetier, from medieval Latin vinetarius, from Latin vinetum 'vineyard', from vinum 'wine'.
More definitions of vintnerDefinition of vintner in:
- The US English dictionary