noun[mass noun] Chemistry
- A colourless liquid ester used in the production of polyvinyl acetate and other commercially important polymers.
More example sentences
- Chemical formula: CH2CHOCOCH3
- Acetylene or ethyne is used to also make vinyl chloride and vinyl acetate, both of which are converted to polymers.
- Among the other commonly encountered vinyl compounds are vinyl bromide, vinyl ester, vinyl acetate, and vinylbenzene (also called styrene).
- The water-soluble macromolecular compound preferably includes a copolymer of N-vinyl - 2-pyrrolidone and vinyl acetate as a primary component.
More definitions of vinyl acetateDefinition of vinyl acetate in:
- The US English dictionary