An instrument of the violin family, larger than the violin and tuned a fifth lower.
- Among the strings, there are twelve violins, two violas, four cellos, and two double basses.
- The Octet is scored for flute, clarinet, French horn, violin, viola, cello, double bass, and piano.
- It is an all-string orchestra - violins, violas, cellos and double bass - based in Castlebar, but including players from around the county.
Words that rhyme with violaAngola, barbola, bipolar, bowler, bronchiolar, canola, carambola, circumpolar, coaler, Coca-Cola, cola, comptroller, consoler, controller, Ebola, eidola, extoller, Finola, Gorgonzola, granola, Hispaniola, kola, Lola, lunisolar, mandola, molar, multipolar, Ndola, patroller, payola, pianola, polar, roller, Savonarola, scagliola, scroller, sola, solar, stroller, tombola, Tortola, troller, Vignola, Zola
A plant of a genus that includes the pansies and violets.
- Genus Viola, family Violaceae: many species
- It may be a little early to start summer annuals, but pansies, violas, snapdragons, calendulas and more will go strong until June or even later if planted anew now.
- Many flowers like bachelor's buttons, violas, calendula, pansies, & roses are edible as well as beautiful.
- I plant pansies and violas, too, for color now and again in spring.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan