- An early musical instrument of the violin family (as distinct from a viol), specifically one corresponding to the modern viola.More example sentences
- It is important to note that all these centers brought forth from 1540 until 1780 violas da gamba and violas da braccio of a quality unequalled to this very day.
- Maker and restorer of violas da gamba, medieval fiddles, violone, lirone, lira da braccio, violas da braccio, and Baroque stringed instruments.
- The stalls are arranged in two semicircles, and among their decorations are represented 24 instruments, such as the hurdy-gurdy, Basque drum, lute, shawm, flute, viola da braccio, bells.
Italian, literally 'viol for the arm'.
More definitions of viola da braccioDefinition of viola da braccio in:
- The US English dictionary