- 1chiefly • technical Of a violet colour: the fruiting body is pink or violaceousMore example sentences
- A 40-year-old man presented with a violaceous-rimmed ulceration on his inner thigh.
- Gottron's papules, violaceous papules overlying the dorsal interphalangeal or metacarpophalangeal areas, elbow or knee joints, occur in approximately 70 percent of patients with dermatomyositis.
- Lividity is distributed dorsally, is the usual violaceous color, and blanches with light pressure.
- 2 Botany Relating to or denoting plants of the violet family (Violaceae).More example sentences
- The gleba is violaceous brown, marbled with numerous veins of two kinds.
mid 17th century: from Latin violaceus (from viola 'violet') + -ous.
More definitions of violaceousDefinition of violaceous in:
- The US English dictionary