- 1 /vɪˈəʊlɪst/ A viola player.More example sentences
- I'll bet he even makes viola jokes (most violists do, in self-defence).
- Paul Hindemith was a musical polymath - composer, conductor, violist, educator, and musicologist.
- Furthermore, the adagio presents the violist and pianist with a tour de force: fourteen minutes of slow playing at a dynamic range restricted mostly to soft.
- 2 /ˈvʌɪəlɪst/ A viol player.More example sentences
- Young Alfonso was accepted at court in his turn, a singer, lutenist and violist.
- He employed five violists, two keyboard players, a consort of singers, and he had at least four organs at the time of his death in 1612.
More definitions of violistDefinition of violist in:
- The US English dictionary