Definition of violoncello in English:
noun (plural violoncellos)
Formal term for cello.
- The compositions on his six CDs feature sitar, flute, clarinet, soprano sax, violin viola, violoncello, contrabass, percussion and electronic devices as well as solo guitar.
- It was with great joy that I learned you had composed a work for my instrument, the violoncello.
- There is also a separate copy of the solo harpsichord part in a second hand, as well as parts in a third hand with an arrangement of the harpsichord part for solo violin and violoncello.
- Example sentences
- Though an old man at the time, he was an accomplished violoncellist, and a patient teacher.
- The competition is open to violoncellists of every nationality.
- In 1866 Grünfeld was appointed court violoncellist to King William of Prussia..
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan