- (In Theravada Buddhism) meditation involving concentration on the body or its sensations, or the insight which this provides.More example sentences
- In vipassana, or insight meditation, the practitioner consciously explores the body and mind.
- You have said that samatha and vipassana or concentration and insight are the same.
- The formation known as Buddha's Palm is especially conducive to meditative practices such as vipassana, shamatha, and zazen.
Pali, literally 'inward vision'.
More definitions of vipassanaDefinition of vipassana in:
- The US English dictionary