- A measure of the number of viral particles present in an organism or environment, especially the number of HIV viruses in the bloodstream.More example sentences
- The outcome measures were CD4 + T cell counts, and viral load of the HIV virus in blood.
- The viral load or the amount of nucleic acid present can be tracked over time using a graphical patient report.
- The viral load measure can read as high as a million, depending on the limits of the lab test.
More definitions of viral loadDefinition of viral load in:
- The US English dictionary