- 1A bluish-green pigment consisting of hydrated chromium hydroxide.More example sentences
- The paintings of this third and continuing phase, elaborated in the artist's hallmark palette of ochre, ultramarine, sienna and viridian, carry a sharp whiff of pine from the Shivaliks, the Himalayan foothills.
- In the 68-by - 45-inch oil on canvas Final Dance, fauvist dashes of vermilion, viridian, brown and black against a white ground form a skeletal stick figure with a ram's head.
- Since the 1960s, Ram Kumar's paintings have opened out in sweeps of ochre, viridian and aquamarine, as he has mounted his contemplations of the cosmic cycle of creation, dissolution and regeneration.
late 19th century: from Latin viridis 'green' (from virere 'be green') + -ian.
More definitions of viridianDefinition of viridian in:
- The US English dictionary