1Convert (something) to a computer-generated simulation of reality: you’ve literally captured the motion of a human; now you can proceed to virtualize it
More example sentences
- One of the most interesting applications for Platform Intelligence may be related to ‘on demand’ computing where resources are virtualized, and users are charged based on resource usage.
- But all of those server makers along with major storage and networking players also want to virtualize data centers on their own via various software and hardware products.
- To create a true virtualized infrastructure, organizations must consider both resource virtualization and application virtualization.
1.1Create a virtual version of (a computing resource or facility).
- Virtual PC lets you create separate virtual machines on your Windows desktop, each of which virtualizes the hardware of a complete physical computer.
- In May, start-up FalconStor Software Inc reworked its virtualization software to allow users to access replication functions without actually virtualizing their data.
- There are a number of basic requirements to successfully virtualizing computing power in the data center.
- Example sentences
- Microsoft has released its Virtual PC operating system virtualization software to manufacturing.
- It is equally likely that a software vendor will implement virtualization on a server platform.
- Server-based virtualization is achieved by software that runs on servers.
- Example sentences
- This does mean, however, that it can not be used to run other Operating Systems, unlike virtualisers.
- I mean, old code from the mainframe age is still running on virtualizers to this day.
- A virtualiser is not a very practical solution, it needs lots of work for a limited audience.
Definition of virtualize in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.