Definition of viscid in English:
Having a glutinous or sticky consistency: the viscid mucus lining of the intestine
More example sentences
- It is not difficult to imagine that once pleural fluid has turned into frank pus, which is viscid and sticky, that simply removing loculations will not necessarily lead to efficient drainage.
- The development of sticky viscid silk is thought to be an important evolutionary innovation as that silk is more effective at snagging passing insects than the non-sticky variety.
- Phlegm is motionless, viscid, sticky, heavy, inert, cold, soft, and white.
- Example sentences
- Its functions are viscidity, nourishment, the binding of joints, the solidarity of the body, and the maintenance of sexual vigour.
- It is not entirely soluble in water, to which it imparts less viscidity than ordinary Gum Acacia.
- The granules are very uniform in size and dissolubility is very high with a viscidity of 61.5.
Definition of viscid in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.