1Quantitative data concerning the population, such as the number of births, marriages, and deaths.
- Still within the tradition of political economy, these statisticians saw population and vital statistics as given facts which derived from natural and economic laws.
- Information on infant deaths was collected from vital statistics monitored by Statistics Norway.
- ‘Today we define census as an official counting of a country's population, usually with vital statistics, a process of equality and not status,’ he explained.
2British informal The measurements of a woman’s bust, waist, and hips.
- The research studied Swedish women who were aged between 38 and 60 when they had their vital statistics measured between 1968 and 1969.
- And if you thought modelling was all about vital statistics here's news: Rathore asked the models 10 questions and judged them on the basis of intelligence, versatility and looks.
- Actually, it probably had more to do with the fact that my vital statistics repeated the same remarkably low number three times.
Definition of vital statistics in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.