Definition of vitalize in English:
Give strength and energy to: yoga calms and vitalizes body and mind
More example sentences
- There was a pull, a peaceful power, in that simple sound, and its strength bolstered and vitalized the vegetation perhaps even more than more ordinary methods of caretaking.
- And it is precisely this intangible element - a sense of shared values and community - that is the legacy that seems to be the driving force sustaining and vitalizing this collection.
- Enjoy fresh, wholesome vegetarian foods that vitalize the body.
- Example sentences
- We were brought up to husband Nature, to accept its uncertainties and to extend our being into human communities for subsistence and vitalisation.
- However, since little happened in the vitalization of a moribund and hidebound university in the 1920s, more active steps need to be taken to restore the university to a leading role in a national culture.
- It is not itself, unlike Aristotle's ‘soul’, a principle of vitalization.
Definition of vitalize in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan