- A protein present in the blood, from which the substance of egg yolk is derived.More example sentences
- They assayed the fish plasma for the estrogenic biomarker, vitellogenin, the major egg-yolk protein under synthesis control of endogenous estradiol.
- Nondestructive analyses of plasma sampled from birds when captured may, however, be used to identify fecund females, using an egg yolk protein called vitellogenin.
- For example, induction of the female-specific protein, vitellogenin, in male fish is a well-known effect of exposure to xeno-oestrogens and serves as a biomarker of such exposure.
More definitions of vitellogeninDefinition of vitellogenin in:
- The US English dictionary