- The surgical operation of removing the vitreous humour from the eyeball: vitrectomy may be indicated in cases of retinal detachment [count noun]: my left eye had haemorrhaged, I would need immediate laser treatments and a possible vitrectomyMore example sentences
- Within two years of retinal surgery and vitrectomy, patients develop cataracts at a rate approaching 100%.
- A vitrectomy may be done to remove the shrunken vitreous gel that is pulling on the retina.
- Endophthalmitis is an acute emergency necessitating an urgent referral for intraocular injection of antibiotics, occasionally combined with vitrectomy surgery.
More definitions of vitrectomyDefinition of vitrectomy in:
- The US English dictionary