Capable of or susceptible to being turned into glass: the tartar is rendered more vitrescent by the borax
More example sentences
- Lighter shades of bricks, including for instance gray and ivory, have been shown to produce more of a greenish vitrescent marking.
- The quality or state of being vitreous; glassiness, or the quality of being vitrescent; capability of conversion into glass; susceptibility of being formed into glass.
- Example sentences
- A laser such as a continuous wave Nd: Yag or carbon dioxide unit is configured for optimized vitrescence of an object placed in the path of the beam.
- It is another object of this invention to provide a solution to the problem of vitrescence in the in vitro multiplication of plants.
- Melon vitrescence is a critical problem for growers and shippers as it degrades fruit quality and cannot be detected by nondestructive methods.
Definition of vitrescent in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.