- A mammal of the civet family (Viverridae).More example sentences
- This is also present in M. parvivorus, M. cognitus, all canids, and some procyonids, but is not present in viverrids, felids, or mustelids.
- In only two locations of H. javanicus introduction are there native or introduced herpestids, viverrids, or mustelids.
- Most viverrids are nocturnal hunters, feeding on small vertebrates (including carrion), insects, and other invertebrates including worms, crustaceans, and molluscs.
early 20th century: from modern Latin Viverridae, from Latin viverra 'ferret'.
More definitions of viverridDefinition of viverrid in:
- The US English dictionary