verb (vivifies, vivifying, vivified)[with object]
Make more lively or interesting; enliven: outings vivify learning for children
More example sentences
- The academy would choose, on the other hand, to flatten human experience; Pinker may be a materialist but one that sees this universality; therefore, he vivifies - encourages our sense of three-dimensionality.
- Augmenting and vivifying its collections is part of its raison d' être and a duty.
- To vivify the world is one responsibility of a poet.
- Example sentences
- This Spirit is a Spirit of vivification to them for He is the Spirit of life, and makes them live unto righteousness, ‘And I will put my Spirit within you, and cause you to walk in my statutes.’
- They are vivifications of the meaning of interaction between people, as an engagement with contemporary society.
- It is particularly in the context of this duality that vivification and animation find a correspondence to the perception of space or time and attention.
Definition of vivify in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.