- A musical score showing the voice parts in full, but with the accompaniment reduced or omitted.More example sentences
- Similarly, I imagine Stanford's generation teaching themselves a new kind of musical prose by pounding through the vocal scores of Wagner's operas.
- But several other instrumental and vocal scores serve to confirm the richness of Maw's musical language and the resourcefulness with which he adapts traditional formal structures.
- For example, in a vocal score, the soprano might be played first and then the bass added on the second reading.
More definitions of vocal scoreDefinition of vocal score in:
- The US English dictionary