- 1.1The skill or art of exercising the voice in singing: jazz vocalism has been a strong influence on popular singing [count noun]: his trademark vocalisms have helped set the standard for hard rock as we know itMore example sentences
- Röschmann's imposing yet sensitive vocalism and sheer stamina are a triumph.
- Clare Lesser responds with some stunning vocalism whilst keeping a clear, expressive purity of tone, though I still felt that she could have had more feel for the words.
- And in the duets, Rutter and Gavin were glorious; faced with such wonderful vocalism we could not help but be carried away and forget the work's rather dodgy dramaturgy.
- 2 Phonetics A vowel sound or articulation.More example sentences
- But of course, linguists will note, the vocalism is different here: bock does not rhyme with buck.
More definitions of vocalismDefinition of vocalism in:
- The US English dictionary