- An alcoholic spirit of Russian origin made by distillation of rye, wheat, or potatoes: we stayed up all night drinking vodka [count noun]: he knocked back a vodka and collapsed into the chairMore example sentences
- Staff gave her a choice of gin, vodka or whisky, before she was given two cupfuls to drink immediately.
- The weather was lovely but I made the mistake of drinking absinthe, cider then vodka.
- When they returned home they took bottles of whisky and vodka back with them and another row ensued.
Russian, diminutive of voda 'water'.
More definitions of vodkaDefinition of vodka in:
- The US English dictionary