(also voire dire)
- A preliminary examination of a witness or the jury pool by a judge or counsel: [as modifier]: voir dire interrogation of the board members did not bode well for their caseMore example sentences
- Their solicitor confirmed this in his testimony in the voire dire proceedings.
- He displayed some feistiness when testifying in the voir dire.
- The Court's attitude seems to have been that defense counsel should've done a better job questioning the jurors during voire dire.
Law French, from Old French voir 'true' + dire 'say'.
More definitions of voir direDefinition of voir dire in:
- The US English dictionary