Definition of volcano in English:
noun (plural volcanoes or volcanos)
- Variations in composition within each series reflect differentiation in magma chambers under volcanoes.
- This area had not been affected by the main pyroclastic flows from the volcano.
- This heated layer is the source of lava we see in volcanos, the source of heat that drives hot springs and geysers, and the source of raw material which pushes up the mid-oceanic ridges and forms new ocean floor.
- Instead, you ran rivers of blood in our land, and we blew a volcano of anger in your land.
- When I finally reached the second stage of anger it exploded like a volcano of hate inside me.
- What they did not bargain for was that the war would awaken a volcano of sectarian resentment.
In Roman mythology Vulcan was the god of fire, and a metalworker. A conical mountain with erupting lava, rock fragments, hot vapour, or gas must have suggested his forge or smithy, and Italians named such a feature volcano or vulcano after him.
Words that rhyme with volcanoripieno
Definition of volcano in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.