Relating to electricity produced by chemical action in a battery; galvanic.
- Alpha voltaic batteries use a radioisotope such as Americium, the substance commonly used in smoke detectors, coupled with a semiconductor device that acts like a solar cell to convert alpha energy into usable electricity.
- The redox reaction in the battery is the source of the electrical energy; batteries are voltaic cells.
- Because electrons originate at the anode in a voltaic cell, the anode has a (-) charge; electrons enter the cathode, which has a (+) charge.
Another term for Gur.
- Among more than sixty languages spoken in Burkina Faso, thirty-eight belong to the Gur or Voltaic language family, including Mooré, Bwamu, Dagara, and Lobiri.
- There are four major ethnic groups: Kru, Akan, Mande and Voltaic.
- Four of the major branches of the Niger-Congo language are spoken among Ivoirians, including the Kwa, Atlantic, Mande, and Voltaic.