- The ratio of the volume of fluid actually displaced by a piston or plunger to its swept volume.More example sentences
- The diesels will require better volumetric efficiency in order to achieve more complete combustion, thereby reducing emissions.
- It becomes a four-cylinder engine running at a more open throttle condition, improving volumetric efficiency and reducing pumping losses, with very little loss in the system.
- Thanks in part to the advent of electronic controls, engineers are trimming losses, perfecting combustion, boosting volumetric efficiency and raising redlines.
More definitions of volumetric efficiencyDefinition of volumetric efficiency in:
- The US English dictionary