Definition of voluntaryism in English:
Less common term for voluntarism (sense 1).
- With voluntaryism and self-improvement went self-respect, a code of honesty and a sense of respectability.
- It seems to me that the left-anarchist is too ready to confuse voluntaryism with mainstream economics.
- Others felt that given the lack of voluntaryism, an incentives approach would have been better.
- Example sentences
- From time to time, you may like to talk with family and friends about your voluntaryist beliefs.
- This ordinance was also bitterly opposed by voluntaryists in the council and throughout the colony, but in 1848 it came into operation for three years.
- ‘I am a voluntaryist,’ the man said, tripping slightly over the awkward term.
Definition of voluntaryism in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan