- The small, thin bone separating the left and right nasal cavities in humans and most vertebrates.More example sentences
- The maxilla fuses with the vomer bone and the nasal septum.
- Anteriorly, the ventral surface of the vomer is narrow and ventrally convex.
- These paleognath birds are characterized by large, fenestrated maxillo-palatines that do not articulate with the vomer, and short palatines that do articulate with the vomer.
early 18th century: from Latin, literally 'ploughshare' (because of the shape).
More definitions of vomerDefinition of vomer in:
- The US English dictionary