noun[mass noun] chiefly Medicine
- Matter that has been vomited.More example sentences
- Rather, transmission is probably quite direct, involving recently contaminated food or water (e.g., containing vomitus or faecal matter) or unclean hands or utensils.
- Properly collected specimens such as serum, gastric contents or vomitus, feces or return from sterile water enemas, or food samples are to be referred to designated testing laboratories.
- The appropriate specimens to submit for testing include food (in the original container if it is available) or environmental specimens, stool, serum, gastric contents, or vomitus.
early 20th century: from Latin.
More definitions of vomitusDefinition of vomitus in:
- The US English dictionary