- A protea with large pale yellow flowers and reddish timber.
More example sentences
- Protea nitida, family Proteaceae
- Hikers may however see leopard tracks in the sand and scratch marks on the trunks of old waboom trees.
- The waboom forms part of South Africas fynbos vegetation and lives up to expectations with its adaptations to fire.
- Because this waboom is adjacent to where we intend to build the Manor House, we are protecting it carefully with rocks extracted from the fields.
from South African Dutch wagenboom, literally 'wagon tree', so named by colonists who found the wood suitable for making wheel rims.