Definition of wadding in English:
1Soft, thick material used to line garments or pack fragile items, especially cotton wool formed into a fleecy layer: [count noun]: a new generation of low-bulk polyester waddings
More example sentences
- Notice the soft wadding, which I and a few other top tailors use, as opposed to the far more common ready-made shoulder pad.
- When viewed from above, a layer of white wadding, suspended from the ceiling, makes it look as if the church is floating above the clouds.
- The contaminated cotton wadding was not found in quilts used in local colleges and nursing homes for the elderly.
1.1Material from which wads for guns are made.
- He confirmed that waddings had been found from three cartridges.
- It is necessary to firmly ram home the powder charge and over-shot wadding.
- I could see the rough patch of wadding deep within the barrel; the scratches in the metal around the muzzle; smell old propellant and lubrication.
Words that rhyme with waddingparagliding
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.