noun (plural wadis)
- (In certain Arabic-speaking countries) a valley, ravine, or channel that is dry except in the rainy season.More example sentences
- In the Gaza Strip, runoff water is collected in small wadis and valleys within the area.
- Thatched African huts are built on the hillside above the wadi.
- It is at least another day's drive to el Geneina, if the road is not cut by wadis carrying rainwater from the massif of Jebel Marra.
early 17th century: from Arabic wādī.
More definitions of wadiDefinition of wadi in:
- The US English dictionary