adjective & adverb
- Very thin or thinly: [as adjective]: plates of wafer-thin metal [as adverb]: slicing meat wafer-thinMore example sentences
- There is some opposition to him in the Senate where the Democrats have a wafer-thin majority.
- The MP will have his work cut out to hold his Shipley seat where he defends a wafer-thin majority of just over 1,400.
- Even in the unlikely event of a wafer-thin majority in favour of the constitution, the terms on which the whole European project moves forward will have changed.
More definitions of wafer-thinDefinition of wafer-thin in:
- The US English dictionary