Definition of wage earner in English:
A person who works for wages.
- Girls leaving school often find work more easily than the boys and go on to become the main wage earner.
- I believe that this legislation discriminates between a wage earner and a contractor.
- This is an affordable amount for the average wage earner to pay.
- Example sentences
- Last financial year there were 30,000 wage-earning households in Australia that went without at least one meal because of lack of money.
- In Leeds, the first 20 who will take part are either long-term unemployed or living in households where everyone of wage-earning age is claiming benefits.
- He said: ‘In west Wiltshire not only do we have a low wage-earning community, but we also have a very fragile retail base.’
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan