A person who works for wages.
- Girls leaving school often find work more easily than the boys and go on to become the main wage earner.
- I believe that this legislation discriminates between a wage earner and a contractor.
- This is an affordable amount for the average wage earner to pay.
- Example sentences
- Last financial year there were 30,000 wage-earning households in Australia that went without at least one meal because of lack of money.
- In Leeds, the first 20 who will take part are either long-term unemployed or living in households where everyone of wage-earning age is claiming benefits.
- He said: ‘In west Wiltshire not only do we have a low wage-earning community, but we also have a very fragile retail base.’
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.