A person who is wholly dependent on income from employment, typically employment of an arduous or menial nature.
- Why work as a wage slave when the promise of big payoff from being on TV is only an audition away?
- Years ago I was working as a wage slave, collecting carts for my local grocery store.
- I'd said it before, during my time as a B&N wage slave, and it had never come back to haunt me.
wage slavery noun
- Example sentences
- Is high school just a place to be brainwashed and prepared for a lifetime of wage slavery?
- But it does condone wage slavery, another scourge upon working people.
- Global ‘free trade’ means social security for them if they are lucky, grinding wage slavery if they are not.
For editors and proofreaders
Line breaks: wage slave
Definition of wage slave in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.