Definition of wage slave in English:
A person who is wholly dependent on income from employment, typically employment of an arduous or menial nature.
- Why work as a wage slave when the promise of big payoff from being on TV is only an audition away?
- Years ago I was working as a wage slave, collecting carts for my local grocery store.
- I'd said it before, during my time as a B&N wage slave, and it had never come back to haunt me.
wage slavery noun
- Example sentences
- Is high school just a place to be brainwashed and prepared for a lifetime of wage slavery?
- But it does condone wage slavery, another scourge upon working people.
- Global ‘free trade’ means social security for them if they are lucky, grinding wage slavery if they are not.
Definition of wage slave in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan