noun (plural wagons-lits pronunc. same)
- A sleeping car on a continental railway.More example sentences
- The Gravy Train is the story of Philip Bushill-Matthews's journey to Brussels on a PR wagon-lit.
- At Belgrade I was left looking after the luggage while my husband went off to organize a couchette or wagon-lit for the rest of the journey.
- A railroad car - the wagon-lit in which a German delegation signed the WWI armistice on November 11, 1918, and in which a French delegation signed the surrender of France to the Third Reich on June 21, 1940.
French, from wagon 'railway coach' + lit 'bed'.
More definitions of wagon-litDefinition of wagon-lit in:
- The US English dictionary