- 1A wagon or cart.More example sentences
- Out of the East men were moving endlessly: swordsmen, spearmen, bowmen upon horses, chariots of chieftains and laden wains.
- At times, the road was little more than a narrow trail, and loaded wains had great difficulty passing through these bottlenecks, having to smash their way through dense underbrush.
- You would have heard the marching feet of soldiers then, and the rumble of hooves and the creak of the wheels of wains.
- 1.1 (the Wain) short for Charles's Wain.
More definitions of wainDefinition of wain in:
- The US English dictionary