Definition of wainscoting in English:
1Wooden panelling that lines the lower part of the walls of a room.
- Rugs on marble floors, dark wood wainscoting, patterned green silk wall coverings and the building's original cavernous ceiling breathe life into the installation.
- The furniture was all stained to match the black-stained cypress wainscoting.
- So the latest controversy over so-called shared campuses for Catholic schools has brought the usual suspects out of the wainscoting in swarms.
1.1Material used to make wainscoting.
- Fairfield Woodworks takes the wood left over after veneers are sliced off and recycles it into wainscoting and other trim materials.
- So when my cherry wainscotting arrives, send it up to the publisher's old office.
Definition of wainscoting in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan