- A close-fitting waist-length garment, typically having no sleeves or collar and buttoning down the front, worn especially by men over a shirt and under a jacket.More example sentences
- The shirt and the leather waistcoat I'm wearing are what I had on when the crash happened.
- The second man had black hair, and wore a waistcoat over a white shirt.
- He dresses in immaculately pressed shalwar kameez and waistcoat - sheer Afghan chic.
More definitions of waistcoatDefinition of waistcoat in:
- The US English dictionary